How to reach National Cheng Kung University
Two international airports:
There are two international airports in Taiwan. One is Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE, English; Japanese),
which is located Taoyuan County, approximately 300 kilometers from Tainan. It takes you about three and a half hours by car or bus to Tainan. The other is KaoHsiung international airport (English; Japanese), which is located KaoHsiung city,
approximately 50 kilometers from Tainan.
- Route A: KaoHsiung International Airport Tainan City
- Option A :
You can take a taxi to go to National Cheng Kung University. Fare approx. NT$ 1500
- Option B :
KaoHsiung International Airport KaoHsiung Railway Station Tainan Railway Station National Cheng Kung University
You can take a taxi to KaoHsiung Railway Station (it costs about NT$ 300), and then take the train to Tainan (NT$ 107 by Tze Chiang Train). National Cheng Kung University is by Tainan Railway Station. Take TRA from Kaohsiung Main Station to Tainan TRA Station, which usually takes about 35 minutes on express trains.
- Option C:
Take Kaohsiung MRT from the Airport Station (R4) to Kaohsiung Main Station (R11) for TRA Train or Zuoying HSR Station (R16). Take the THSR Train from Zuoying to Tainan Station, and the traveling time is about 15 minutes.
- Option A :
- Route B: TPE International Airport Tainan City
TPE International Airport Taipei City Tainan City (NCKU)
TPE International Airport Taipei Shun Shan Airport Tainan Airport National Cheng Kung University
- Take a taxi or shuttle bus from the airport to THSR Taoyuan Station, which takes about 20 minutes. Then, take the THSR train from Taoyuan Station to Tainan Station.
- You can take a bus to Taipei (Shun Shan) airport (fare about NT$ 120) or by taxi (NT$ 1100), and then take a domestic flight to Tainan Airport (NT$ 1900). After that, you can take a taxi to National Cheng Kung University (about NT$ 200).
International flights can be connected to KaoHsiung International Airport at TPE International Airport. Then, you can pass the customs
at KaoHsiung. Remember to arrange with your travel agents in advance.
- For further information about transportation, follow these links.
- Bus from TPE International Airport to Taipei or other places
- Civil Aeronautics Administration Ministry of Transportation and Communications
- TPE International Airport: English; Japanese
- KaoHsiung International Airport: English; Japanese
- Taipei Sung-Shan Airport: English; Chinese
- Tainan Airport: English; Chinese
A. Public Transportation
By Train –
- Take TRA Train to Tainan Station.
- NCKU is located on Ta-Shueh (University) Road about 100m from the rear entrance of Tainan Station.
By THSR (Taiwan High Speed Rail) –
- Take Taiwan High Speed Rail to Tainan Station
- Take the free shuttle bus, which takes about 40 mins to NCKU, and get off at the bus stop of Tzu-Chiang Campus or Shiaodong Road to visit Cheng-Kung Campus, Kuang-Fu Campus and Chien-Kuo Campus.
B. Driving Directions
From the North-
- Take National Freeway No.1 (Sun Yat-Sen Freeway) southbound.
- Get off at Exit 319 (Yongkang Interchange) and turn right to southbound Chungcheng N. Road.
- Travel down on Chungcheng N. Road and Chungcheng S. Road, and make a left turn at Chunghwa Road.
- Drive down Chunghwa Road and Chunghwa East Road.
- Turn right at Shiaodong Road and travel along it for a few blocks further, about 1.2 km, to reach NCKU.
Westbound (Exit 6, Tainan System Interchange) to get on National Freeway No.1 Southbound to Exit 319)
From the South-
- Take National Freeway No.1 (Sun Yat-Sen Freeway) northbound.
- Get off at Exit 327 (Tainan Interchange) and turn left to westbound Chungshang Road.
- Travel on Chungshang Road and continue on Dongmen Road.
- Make a right turn at either Chang Rung Road or Sheng-Li Road, and travel for about 1.1 km to NCKU.
westbound (Exit 8, Rende System Interchange) to get on National Freeway No.1 northbound to Exit 327)
Welcome to National Cheng Kung University
- Tainan City Travel Information: English; Japanese.
- National Anping Harbor Historic Park: English; Japanese
English(from: Sinica, Taiwan)
- Tainan City Govemment Culture Affairs Bureau
Welcome to TAIWAN!
- Taiwan :::Touch Your Heart:::
Taiwan, one of Asia's must-see destinations! ~~www.go2taiwan.net~~ Taiwan, travel in Taiwan, vacation in Taiwan, Chinese cuisine, night market, hot spring:
- Welcome to Taiwan Tourism Bureau (Sydney Office)